Wednesday, November 7, 2012

El Dorado State Park

We left Clifton State park this morning, sunny clear skies and the highway was clear too.  we only went about 130 miles but the weather is a bit warmer.. 

El Dorado SP has about 1100 campsites, the campground we are in is open all year, with water, electricity and sewer.




we took a short hike, seen lots of birds and deer.  our camper is just right of the dam and spillway.  if we hear a loud siren we need to seek higher ground!  I am a pretty sound sleeper, so I hope Eric wakes me up.


Time for dinner..  asked the camp host where to get good BBQ.  he was not sure but said he heard there was a good Mexican place just across the street from the Dillions in town.  Some one else told us to try...



I had the ribs, green beans and scalloped potatoes.  the ribs were tasty, good smoke flavor but room temperature..  the green beans were a bit too spicy for me, the potatoes were good.


Eric had the beef brisket, cole slaw and baked beans.  the beef was moist and tender with good flavor, the cole slaw was ok and the beans were good.


well.... I am really frustrated with the quest for the best Kansas BBQ Ribs..   I think that I just need to give up the idea of finding ribs better than Central in Memphis.  I think I need a new goal.  will need to think on it tonight. 

oh by the way:  the Mexican restaurant across the street from Dillions was a Taco Bell!! 

maybe I am just having a bad food day... 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. we don't get tired of BBQ just BAD BBQ... we kind of gave up looking for good stuff in Kansas.. might try again in OK..

      Delete